Declutter and Organize Your Closet
Want to overhaul your closet space? Use these tips and more to get it done.
- Sort through the clothing and shoes you actually wear versus what you don’t. Consider donating the items you no longer wear and clothing that doesn’t fit you.
- Look for items that are stored in your closet that would make better sense in a different area.
- Keep bulky coats and boots in a coat closet, not your clothes closet. You won't need these seasonal items every day
- Make use of floor space, the back of doors and all interior walls for storage purposes.
- Use ready-made closet organizers. There are dozens of closet systems available that will give you lots of options for hanging, folding and storing shoes. Also, use small totes or clear plastic bins to store toiletries and other items that can get unwieldy.
Project Ideas for an Organized Closet
Cleaning out your closet doesn’t have to be a chore. Get creative with inspiration from some of our favorite closet projects: