Use a headboard with shelving or drawer components to store books, clothing and more.
Create a Storage Headboard
Use your dresser as a nightstand to maximize furniture usage and minimize clutter.
Shop Bedroom Furniture
Enhance a corner window with a window seat for extra seating and storage.
Build This Corner Bench
Add a small desk and chair that can act as an office, vanity and nightstand in one.
One Desk, Three Ways
Shelve This Project
Add floating shelves for books, knickknacks or even a small TV.
Build These Shelves
Free up valuable space by mounting a TV and other electronics directly to the wall.
Shop TV Mounts
Show off your best purses and accessories by hanging a shelf with hooks.
Store and Sleep
This platform bed eliminates the need for a box spring and adds lots of storage underneath.
Build This Platform Bed
- Before you start organizing your bedroom, cut the clutter. Place items in three piles: keep, toss and donate.
- Use under-bed storage containers to stow extra linens or out-of-season clothes.
- Purchase a nightstand with drawers or shelves that can house books, magazines, chargers, and more.
- Take advantage of high ceilings in a small bedroom by installing floor-to-ceiling shelving.
- Create recessed spaces between studs for built-ins that add extra storage without sacrificing floor space.
- Add some corner shelving. It takes up slightly less space than traditional wall shelving.
- Transform an old bookcase into a small wardrobe. Add café curtains threaded on a tension rod to conceal certain items while showing off others.