FREE SHIPPING ON QUALIFYING ORDERS $49 OR MORE
Keeping your home safe from thieves is a top priority. Learn how to improve home security with lighting, motion detectors, security cameras and more.
1. Install a quality lockset. It adds beauty and value to your home while sending a strong message to would-be intruders.
2. Add deadbolt locks to exterior doors. Deadbolt locks are an inexpensive way to supplement standard lockets for added safety and security.
3. Install a peephole so you can see who is knocking before opening the door.
4. Secure sliding patio doors with a door jamb or a piece of closet rod cut to fit in the track behind the door. Adjust track clearance so the doors can’t be removed from their frame.
5. Install keyed sash locks on your windows to make them more secure. If you like fresh air, shop for locks with a vent locking system.
6. Install low-voltage lights on your home’s exterior and landscaping to illuminate areas around your home you don’t want in a shadow.
7. Place lights with motion detectors near your home’s exterior access points. A well-positioned light makes it almost impossible for someone to sneak up on your home.
8. Security cameras allow homeowners to monitor activities outside of the home. This means, you can see who is approaching from the driveway without leaving the sofa.
9. Protect your outdoor and recreational equipment with a storage shed and a good lock. Eliminating exterior temptation helps keep your home safe and secure.
10. Prune hedges and plants on your property so possible intruders don’t have a place to hide.