Install a ready-made storage system with a combination of shelves, drawers, baskets, hanging rods, and shoe racks.
Shop Closet Organization
Are your shoes in a messy pile on the floor? Show them off and save space by hanging your favorite pairs from pieces of wide moulding.
To free up closet space, store out-of-season clothing and shoes under the bed. Make your own containers by sanding and painting old drawers. Add casters for easy accessibility.
Shop Storage Totes
Use a double rod to increase hanging space. While you're at it, trade in your bulkier hangers for skinny velvet ones to give you even more room.
Shop Clothing Storage Accessories
Just Bin It
Store off-season clothing or accessories in baskets above your hanging rods.
Shop Storage Bins & Baskets
Store on the Door
Take advantage of every inch when you have a small closet. Over-the-door organizers can be used to house shoes, small handbags, scarves, jewelry, and more.
Shop Over-the-Door Organizers
Put a Ring on It
Keep jewelry tangle-free by attaching a towel bar to the back of your door. Add shower rings and hang necklaces and bracelets.
Shop Shower Rings & Hooks
- Space is at a premium in a small closet, so determine what you really need. Place items in three piles: keep, donate, and toss. If you haven't used it in a year, it's a safe bet that you can get rid of it.
- Use drawer organizers to keep folded clothes in neat stacks.
- Use a combination of single and double rods in the closet to accommodate shorter clothing items.
- Fold sweaters and jeans, and place them on shelves above rods to free up space for hangers.
- Hang a pegboard and hooks for hats, purses and scarves.
- Hang shadow boxes on the closet wall as a decorative way to store and show off jewelry and small accessories.