Monrovia 1-Quart Dahlia (L3480)
Item # 221626 Model # 189299
Image shown of mature plant; shop your local Lowe's for plants specific to your growing zone; not for human or animal consumption
- Dahlias add a punch to any garden with their spectacular colors and flower shapes. Blooms range from 2 to 10 inches in diameter, depending on the variety. They make great cut flowers.
- Add bold color and texture to any flower bed by using 1.00 QT Monrovia items as an accent to perennials and shrubs in your landscape. Quart Monrovia items are also great for bordering walkways, flower beds, or planting in your own containers.
- Dahlias require rich, well-watered soil. The larger varieties will need to be staked. Do so when planting to avoid damaging roots later. Dwarf varieties lend spectacular blooms without the need for staking. They are deer resistant.
- Water plants often during the growing season. Water more frequently when dry.
- Part sun plants tolerate 3-6 hours of morning sun per day.
|Botanical Name||Dahlia x hybrida|
|Unit of Measure||Quart(s)|
|Unit of Measure Quantity||1|
|Light Requirements||Part sun (3 to 6 hours morning sun)|
|Moisture Requirements||2x per week (more often when dry)|
|Bloom Color Family||Multicolor|
|Bloom Color Name||Multicolor|
|Foliage Color Family||Green|
|Foliage Color Name||Green|
|Minimum Spacing (Inches)||8|
|Recommended for Borders||No|
|Recommended for Hanging Baskets||No|
|Recommended for Landscaping||Yes|
|Recommended for Mailboxes||Yes|
|Recommended for Planters||Yes|
|Grow Together Code||6|
|Blooms in Fall||No|
|Blooms in Winter||No|
|Recommended for Fall Planting||No|
|Recommended for Winter Planting||No|
|Plant Package Type||Pot|
|Blooms in Spring||Yes|
|Blooms in Summer||Yes|
|Recommended for Beds||Yes|
|Recommended for Spring Planting||Yes|
|Recommended for Summer Planting||Yes|