Check the plant tag when shopping for plants and refer back to it to give your new plants the proper care. Here's the information you'll find:
- In addition to the common name for the plant, you'll also see its scientific name.
- Size information helps you provide enough space for the plant to grow.
- The hardiness of the plant tells you which USDA zones best suit the plant. Your local Lowe's stocks plants that are well-suited to your region.
- Sunlight needs differ from plant to plant. Full sun means the plant requires 6 or more hours of direct sun per day. A plant that needs partial sun requires 3 to 6 hours of direct sun per day. Shade means the plant needs less than 3 hours of direct sun each day.
- Water requirements vary by plant. Follow the instructions carefully to keep from under- or overwatering.
- Growth rate tells you how plant grows. There may also be information about the plant or tree shape.
- The Lowe's Grow Together™ indicator helps you find different plants that work well together. Just select plants with the same numbers on the tags.