What Is Wood-look Tile?
Wood-look ceramic or porcelain tile is made from fired clay and designed to mimic the grain, finishes and plank sizes of hardwood flooring.
Advantages of Wood-look Ceramic and Porcelain Tile Flooring
- Tile is tough and can hold its own with kids and pets in the house.
- Tile comes in a wide variety of colors, textures and sizes–including planks for a true wood-floor look.
- Tile floors work well in damp areas such as entries, kitchens, mudrooms, bathrooms and basements.
- You can even use tile on a wall as a focal point for a room.
- Tile is easy to care for—sop up spills with a towel and mop with soapy water—no special cleaners needed.
- Consider colored grout for even more design options. Tile floors take on different looks depending on whether you use dark or light grout.
Old meets new in this cozy bath. A modern take on a freestanding tub looks right at home over a patchwork of tile wood-look planks. Drips, sprinkles and splashes wipe right up on the water-resistant tile.
King of the Kitchen
Weathered, hand-scraped tile gives even new kitchens a lovely aged look. Here, prominent white grout lines echo the cabinetry and help integrate the design in a small space.
Mix It Up
In a kitchen with painted cabinetry, use wood-look tile to add a contrasting, organic element to the room.
High and Dry
Splishes and splashes are no match for a wood-look tile in the bathroom. Tile offers the warm look of wood and water resistance.
Explore More Wood-look Flooring
Find more options for flooring that looks like wood and discover the best flooring for your needs.