Welcome to Lowe's
Find a Store

Prices, promotions, styles, and availability may vary. Our local stores do not honor online pricing. Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Lowe's reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted.

Reader Tips: DIY Tables

Brought to you by Lowe's Creative Ideas

We enjoy seeing DIY projects come alive in readers’ homes and yards. Here are some of our favorite tables made by our reader.

Reader Tips: DIY Tables

We love when readers share their DIY projects, room makeovers, and exterior upgrades on our Community Stories page. Visit the page to view more projects or submit your own.

Reader Tips: DIY Coffee Table

Vintage DIY Coffee Table

The Blissful Bee Blogger out of Forth Worth, Texas turns to Lowe’s to help create her DIY projects. She finished this Factory Cart Coffee Table in a few days. “About 90 percent of the materials used were from Lowe’s and made to look vintage — the other 10 percent were actual vintage pieces,” she says.

Reader Tips: DIY Kitchen Island

Reclaimed Kitchen Island

“While taking a Sunday drive along a country road, my wife and I spotted an old metal-top table in a curbside garbage pile,” says user danielspaniel.  They took it home, stripped layers of paint, and power-washed it to reveal a beautiful rustic top with wooden legs. It now serves as the couple’s kitchen island.

Reader Tips: DIY Stenciled Table

Stenciled Coffee Table

User LuckyGirlMelissa loved a stenciled table in a magazine and decided to make over a reclaimed coffee table. After stripping the table, she stenciled and added mahogany stain for a polished finish. “My favorite part of the piece is the rosettes that I stenciled then stained over. It took a lot of time, but it was worth it,” she says.

Reader Tips: DIY Coffee Table

Painted Coffee Table

This anonymous user bought an second-hand coffee table online with the intention of fixing it up and reselling at a community yard sale. However, the user fell in love with the table after it was sanded and painted a beautiful chocolate brown. The table and matching end table reside in the user’s living room.

Reader Tips: DIY Studio Table

Copy Cat Studio Table

After ogling a $3,000 studio desk for a few years, user rhythmsofthemind was determined to make one. “I purchased materials from Lowes and even sprang for a new table saw, which proved to give a much better result than a circular saw,” the Oklahoma resident says. This desk has four levels and includes two pull-out keyboard shelves, support for a computer tower, and a guitar effects pedal.