Without a doubt, one of the best innovations for the home in the last century is the refrigerator. It’s hard to imagine life without one. If you haven’t shopped for a fridge in a while, you may be surprised to discover how cutting-edge technology helps food stay fresh longer. With today's innovative designs and flexible features, finding the right fridge that lets you store and conveniently access food is easy.
1. Keep your ice from tasting like garlic bread. Refrigerators with dual cooling systems allow freezers to circulate cool air separately from the fridge. So odors from the fridge will never again leave a trace on your ice.
2. Dispense ice without sacrificing freezer space. In-door ice systems can free up to 30% more freezer space. On some models, the ice bucket can even tilt out or be removed with one hand.
3. Keep a big spill from becoming a big headache. Glass shelves offer sealed edges that help contain spills and make cleanup quick and easy — and give you a clear view of what's inside the fridge.
4. Automatically cool warm leftovers quickly. High-tech sensors adjust the temperature to accommodate warm foods or groceries and help preserve your food’s freshness.
5. Conveniently store tall items and gallons. Gallon-size door bins efficiently store milk, juice and two-liters of soda, making them easier to grab while, taking up zero shelf space.
6. Store items as wide as your fridge. Full-width pantry drawers, with optional temperature control, allow you to keep deli trays or large platters fresh. You can even opt for a separate drawer that pulls open from the outside, letting you grab things quickly without opening the fridge door.