In 2010, the Employee Giving Campaign included 10 charitable organizations:
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Feeding America
- Habitat for Humanity®
- Lowe's Employee Relief Fund
- The Nature Conservancy
- United Way
- USO (United Service Organizations)
Employees chose the charities they wished to support. They pledged more than $1.3 million to the Employee Giving Campaign, and Lowe's is matching their contributions by 50%.
Throughout the holidays, Lowe's employees in the United States, Canada and Mexico took their giving even further to help those in need. Among the events:
- In Miami, Lowe's joined with Univision host Raul de Molina to bring Christmas cheer and gifts to more than 100 children at the Amigos for Kids Community Center. The center mentors children who have been the victims of neglect and abuse.
- In Canada, Lowe's employees from Toronto-area stores and Lowe's corporate office donated 2,200 toys to the annual Toy Mountain Campaign benefiting the Salvation Army.
- In Mexico, Lowe's employees at the corporate office in Monterrey collected toys for the children of La Gran Familia, an orphanage that provides daily programs, school assistance and health care to local children.