Cleanability / Performance
Clean and sanitize dishes with advanced wash options.
- Spray arms
- Varying wash type (waterwall, rotary spray, high-pressure jets)
- Steam clean
- Bottle wash
- Washing zones (pots and pans, crystal)
- Hard food disposer
If noise level is a concern for you, check the decibel level. A rating of 45 or under will be virtually silent. Decibel levels between 45 and 50 sound similar to a rainfall. Ratings of 50 or above will be equivalent to the level of a normal conversation.
Removable racks and adjustable shelves make it easy to customize tub space to accommodate oversized dishes, pots and pans. Also look for third rack options, fold-down tines, cup shelves, stemware holders and extra-capacity silverware baskets.
Regulated by the federal government, with ratings established by the Environmental Protection Agency, ENERGY STAR® qualified dishwashers use 41% less energy than other models. You may be eligible for local rebates when buying qualified ENERGY STAR appliances.
Interior tubs come in different finishes. Stainless steel resists stains and odors; it also transfers heat better for faster drying. Gray or slate-colored tubs resist rust and minimize the appearance of stains. Plastic tubs, which are often found on more affordable dishwashers, are also very durable.
Removable filters make for easy cleaning.
Today’s dishwashers are equipped with sensors to ensure quality cleaning and energy savings.
- Soil level sensors adjust wash cycle times.
- Temperature sensors ensure proper water temperature.
- Water sensors maintain the proper amount of water in the machine for cleaning.
- Detergent sensors release the proper amount of dishwashing liquid into the wash cycle.
Dishwasher cycles allow for a customized wash on all types of dishes, from pots and pans to fine china.
- Delayed wash: Set the start time anywhere from 1 to 24 hours ahead, depending on your model.
- Rinse and hold: Rinses away food on a partial load of dishes to eliminate bacteria and smell without using detergent.
- Wash programs: Varied wash cycles provide custom settings for everything from fragile dishes and stemware to pots and oven racks.
- Quick-wash: The quick-wash cycle can finish a load of lightly-soiled dishes in less time.
- Sanitize: A sanitizing rinse option kills 99.9% of bacteria. This is great for cutting boards and baby bottles.
Good to Know
For additional water savings, scrape dishes instead of rinsing, which can save up to 20 gallons of water.