Monrovia 1-Quart New Guinea Impatiens (L3080)
Item # 221652 Model # 189299
Image shown of mature plant; shop your local Lowe's for plants specific to your growing zone
- New Guinea Impatiens liven up shady spots with their brilliant blooms and stunning foliage, which is sometimes variegated. They are a bit more tolerant of sun than common impatiens.
- Add bold color and texture to any flower bed by using 1.00 QT Monrovia items as an accent to perennials and shrubs in your landscape. Quart Monrovia items are also great for bordering walkways, flower beds, or planting in your own containers.
- They like rich, well-drained soil. Keep the soil slightly moist to keep the plant happy. If they get a little wilted, they will revive with a drink of water.
- Water plants often during the growing season. Water more frequently when dry.
- Shade plants tolerate 1-3 hours of morning sun per day.
|Common Name||New Guinea Impatiens|
|Botanical Name||Impatiens x hawkeri|
|Unit of Measure||Quart(s)|
|Unit of Measure Quantity||1|
|Light Requirements||Shade (1 to 3 hours morning sun)|
|Moisture Requirements||2x per week (more often when dry)|
|Bloom Color Family||Multicolor|
|Bloom Color Name||Multicolor|
|Foliage Color Family||Green|
|Foliage Color Name||Green|
|Minimum Spacing (Inches)||10|
|Recommended for Borders||Yes|
|Recommended for Hanging Baskets||Yes|
|Recommended for Landscaping||Yes|
|Recommended for Mailboxes||Yes|
|Recommended for Planters||Yes|
|Blooms in Winter||No|
|Recommended for Winter Planting||No|
|Plant Package Type||Pot|
|Blooms in Fall||Yes|
|Blooms in Spring||Yes|
|Blooms in Summer||Yes|
|Recommended for Fall Planting||Yes|
|Recommended for Spring Planting||Yes|
|Recommended for Summer Planting||Yes|