Before you begin, make sure the 1-by-12s and 2-by-12s are the same width. Rip the boards if necessary.
1. Assemble the legs and brace.
- Following the (01) leg layout in Figure 1, cut two (01) legs.
- Position the (02) brace centered and flush with the top edges of the (01) legs, and attach using glue and screws.
2. Add the seat and sides.
- Position the (03) seat centered and overhanging the assembly by 4 inches on each end. Attach using glue and nails.
- Position the (04) sides flush with the top and ends of the (03) seat, and attach using glue and nails.
- Using sandpaper, round over the top outside edges of the (04) sides.
3. Add the finishing touches.
- Fill all holes with wood filler, sand, prime, and paint.
- Attach nail-on furniture glides to the bottoms of the (01) legs.
|#||PART NAME||QUANTITY||MATERIAL||SIZE (in inches)|
|01||Legs||2||2 x 12||1 1/2 x 11 1/4 x 17 1/4|
|02||Brace||1||2 x 8||1 1/2 x 7 1/4 x 61|
|03||Seat||1||1 x 12||3/4 x 11 1/4 x 72|
|04||Sides||2||1 x 4||3/4 x 3 1/2 x 72|
Height: 18 inches
Depth: 12 3/4 inches
Width: 72 inches