There’s nothing like running your hands over new carpet or seeing the transformation of a room where carpet has just been installed. Once you’ve chosen your new carpet, moving from inspiration to installation can be exciting and seamless when you know what to ask and expect. Here are tips and information to give you the best experience possible:
Will the installers move the furniture in the room, or am I responsible for moving my furniture?
Who's responsible for getting rid of the old carpet? Can it be recycled? If the installers dispose of the carpet, are there any fees involved? Where will the carpet seams be placed?
Prepare the Room
Avoid airborne dust or particles by vacuuming the old carpet.
Complete all other remodeling projects before installing your new carpet, including all painting, wallpapering and construction. The carpet installation should be last.
Keep the roll of carpet at room temperature.
Vacuum after the old carpet and padding have been removed.
· Inspect the carpet to make sure the color, texture and style are as expected.
· Make sure the installers stretch the carpet to minimize wrinkles and ripples.
· Arrange to have any doors that won’t open trimmed and rehung.
· Vacuum again after installation, and ventilate for 48 to 72 hours.
· Finally, sit back and enjoy your new carpet.