It’s easy to let your bedroom get cluttered and messy. The spring cleaning season is a time to reclaim your resting room for the oasis it was meant to be.
Top Tips for Spring-Cleaning Your Bedroom
- Clear all clothing that's out of place. Put laundry in hampers, and hang or fold clean clothes and put them away. Donate or throw away clothes that you don’t wear.
- Collect all trash and put it in the trash can. Be ruthless in your trash collection; get rid of old magazines or other items that are taking up space.
- Wash all bed linens and the mattress cover. Replace them with clean ones or update with new. Store heavy winter bedding and replace it with lighter material for spring and summer.
- Declutter any surfaces. Dressers and bedside tables can collect dishes, books, jewelry and other items. Move or throw away anything that's out of place. If you aren’t sure what to do with a particular item, set it aside to deal with later.
- Dust all surfaces and wipe down the sides and bases of furniture.
- Clean any accent lamps or other decorative items.
- Clean the floors by sweeping and mopping or vacuuming. If you have carpet, consider steam cleaning. Wipe down any baseboards.
- Dust corners, ceilings, vents, doorknobs, switch plates and pictures. Look up and around the walls for any areas that you neglect in day-to-day cleaning. If you have a ceiling fan, clean it.
- Take down curtains or other window treatments and launder them. Clean your blinds and wash your windows on the inside and outside.