Refresh your bathroom this spring with a vigorous cleaning. Use this checklist to make sure you cover all the crucial (and often forgotten) areas in your bathroom during your spring cleaning project.
Tips for Spring-Cleaning Your Bathroom
- Eliminate all clothing, towels, wash cloths and other linens from the bathroom. Put dirty clothes in hampers, and place clean clothes in a basket to put away later.
- Remove all trash from the bathroom. If your bathroom trash can could use a cleaning, spray it with disinfectant and scrub it out.
- Scrub the inside of the toilet with a toilet brush and toilet cleaner. Wipe down the outside of the toilet with a disinfectant wipe or washcloth. Don’t forget the handle, hidden crevices and the underside.
- Wipe down the mirror with glass cleaner or vinegar.
- Collect any items that don’t belong in the bathroom, such as stray coffee cups or jewelry, and return them to their proper place.
- Wipe down the sink and vanity with a washcloth and disinfectant. Pay special attention to handles and other areas with small crevices.
- Wipe down the insides and outsides of medicine cabinets, toiletry cabinets or other storage areas. If linens are stored sloppily, take the time to refold and reorganize.
- Wash or shake out bathroom rugs. Sweep and mop the bathroom floor. Wipe down any baseboards.
- Look up and clean the ceiling. Dust corners, vents, fans and other areas that you neglect in a general cleaning.
- Wash and replace any decorative linens or soaps.
- Scrub out the bath tub, paying attention to crevices, handles and faucets. Wash shower doors, or remove the shower curtain to wash it. It might be a good time to replace a shower curtain for an easy, affordable style update.
Shop Bathroom Cleaners