Integral blinds provide privacy and light control with ultimate convenience. You never have to dust the blinds because they're sealed between tempered safety glass. Learn how to care for your integral blinds with these helpful tips.
Blinds Between Glass Care and Use Instructions
Follow these simple instructions to ensure years of smooth, easy operation of your blinds:
- Allow the blinds to acclimate to their environment for optimum performance. Altitude, temperature and air pressure can lengthen the time required for acclimation. It may require up to 24 hours.
- Slide the operator up and down to position the blind to the desired height. The blinds have a separate tilt control; slide it up or down to tilt the slats to the desired angle.
- Ensure the glass surface is clean so the blinds will operate easily. Dirty glass can impede operator movement, requiring more force to operate the blinds. Raise the blinds with the tilt in the open position.
- The blind raises and lowers through use of magnets. If the raise and lower operator comes loose from the glass so that you can't operate the blind, it means the operator magnets have become disengaged. If your operator becomes disengaged, it’s easy to correct. Just slide the operator up until it stops (almost to the bottom of the tilt operator) to re-engage it.
- To re-engage, slide the operator past the half-engagement point. You’ll hear and feel one click.
- Continue sliding the operator until it stops. You’ll hear and feel a second click. The magnets are re-engaged after you hear the second click.
- If the raise / lower operator comes off the track, it should be reinstalled by holding the glass so the two legs can be reinserted under the track opening. Re-engage the magnets as described above.
- If the blind bottom rail becomes out-of-level, raise the blinds to the fully open position, and then fully lower them. Repeat if necessary. The blinds will adjust themselves back to level. Tilt the blind in both directions several times. A small gap may exist at the bottom of the blind.
Don't attempt to operate the blind until the unit is positioned upright.