Prices, promotions, styles, and availability may vary. Our local stores do not honor online pricing. Prices and availability of products and services are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected where discovered, and Lowe's reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been submitted.
Turn your dishwasher into the ultimate appliance by replacing it with an ENERGY STAR® qualified model. Making the switch will save you up to 10% in energy costs a year according to the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of Energy. Even if you don’t have an ENERGY STAR qualified dishwasher, you can still save energy while enjoying the benefits of hands-free washing.
1. Save loads of water. Don't rinse dishes before loading, and you'll save 55,000 gallons of water over the life of the appliance. That's equal to a lifetime supply of drinking water for a family of four.
2. Load it to the max. Fill your dishwasher to its capacity, and you'll get the maximum use of energy every time you run a load.
3. Let dishes dry naturally. Use your dishwasher's air-dry option. If it doesn't have one, prop the door open to allow dishes to air-dry after the final rinse.
4. Use a rinse aid for better drying results. Try a rinse aid instead of the heated-dry cycle to speed up drying time and help remove spots on glasses.
5. Wash dishes during off-peak hours. Use your dishwasher's delay option as an energy-saving tool. Local utilities recommend avoiding heavy energy usage at certain times of day.
6. Run your dishwasher in the dark. Run your dishwasher at night during the summer, and it will reduce daytime heat buildup in the kitchen.